The Fiskateers Want You!
Are you crazy about crafting? Then you could be one of our new Lead Fiskateers.
Have you ever wanted to inspire, encourage, and support your fellow crafters in all of their crafty endeavors? Do you have a strong love for paper, but also dabble in other arts? Are you on the cutting edge, always looking to try and test the latest and greatest tools and techniques? Have you ever wanted to play host to the crafting celebrities that inspire you? Do you have the deep love of Fiskars that it takes to promote, teach and inspire using our tools? Do you want to be the next Fiskars Brand Ambassador and make your mark on Fiskars history? If so, this is your time to shine. We want you for our Lead Fiskateer.
What we are looking for from you:
- At least 20 hours a week dedicated to the Fiskateers
- Strong online presence on the Fiskateer site, as well as other social media and partner sites (TBD)
- A love and dedication to the Fiskars brand and all that it represents
- An understanding of crafting beyond scrapbooking and cards and a willingness to try new things
- An open personality that allows you to graciously host guests and lift up your fellow crafters within the community
- An understanding of and strong passion for current social media networking sites
- Excellent photography skills, including lighting, staging, cropping and composition, are a must
- Able to work both externally with a team and internally with Fiskars
- Ability to move quickly in a fast-paced business environment that often requires quick response times and flexibility
- Web and computer savvy, including the ability to edit and upload photos, write blog posts and upload them, use other computer and web programs like Facebook, chat, etc...
- Strong ability to plan, organize and schedule daily posts that coordinate with the Fiskars content calendar
- Some event-planning experience and possible travel
What we will do for you:
- Provide you with all of our latest and greatest tools for your crafty endeavors
- Pay you a salary (this will be discussed with final candidates)
- Provide you a direct link to Fiskars HQ with sneak peeks of tools and product
- Give you a chance to share your ideas and the community's ideas with our new product development team
- Give you the chance to take surveys about products before they go to market
- Offer the opportunity to help shape and change the face, tone and branding of the Fiskateers, a ground-breaking social media community
- Offer opportunities to be a guest designer on fiskars.com, as well as with other vendor partners as those opportunities arise through Fiskars HQ
What is Happening:
- We are hiring two dynamic Lead Fiskateers for a one-year contract, running July 1, 2012-June 30, 2013, whose primary focus will be on crafting and inspiring a legendary community of crafters. The Leads will host dozens of online guests, events and interactions. We are excited about a schedule of events, guests and announcements that will be coming over the next six months to excite all of you about Fiskars and the Fiskateers. We hope to bring even more ideas, inspiration, techniques, tools and love to all of you this year.
- Please note that you do not presently need to be a Fiskateer to apply.
- This is open to US residents only.
If this sounds like something right for you, please check out our application page for all of the information and details that you need to apply.
Applications will be accepted from March 8th, 2012 thru April 23rd, 2012 closing at 12:00 noon CST on that day. All portions of the application must be turned in by that day and time in order to be considered.
- Fill out online application
- Provide us with three samples of your work:
- A project that you are extremely proud of because you tried a new technique, a new tool, or did something completely out of your normal crafty comfort zone. Include 3-5 high resolution images, as well as a written blog post about the project – how you did it, why you did it, and what that meant to you as a crafter.
- A project that is in your normal crafty zone. Send us 3-5 high resolution photos of this project and a written blog post that tells us about you and your style and how you have become the crafter that you are.
- Teach us something new to do with a tool. Pick a tool and teach us a new technique that pushes the boundaries of what most people think that tool is used for. (For application purposes it does not necessarily have to be a Fiskars tool). Using high resolution photos, as well as written directions, please describe the technique in detail and how you used it in your creative piece.
Once you have all three samples complete, send them either as a .pdf or via links to your personal blog to firstname.lastname@example.orgStart Application